Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mongolia, Here I Come!


It was 1996 that I last worked with the International School Project, connected with Campus Crusade for Christ. They found my name buried in a file somewhere and invited me to accompany them to Suhkbaatar, Mongolia, and I accepted.

On Nov. 3 I leave for three weeks to conduct two teacher convocations in that city. Where is Suhkbaatar, you ask. I had not ever heard of it either and had to find it on a map like the one here.
You will find the city in the north center of the country just below the Siberian border. Also just south of Lake Baikal.

I will fly to Beijing, then to Ulaan Baatar, the capitol of Mongolia, then take some kind of ground transportation to Suhkbaatar. It is along a river in a mountainous region and at about the same lattitude as Canada. You remember I said I was going in November. I expect it to be COLD!!!

No comments: