Monday, November 3, 2008

Lemon Bars


Since, I (Grandmother) am still learning how to work the computers,
pics, etc.( notice I don't know the language yet) I'll be using
granp's twitter, etc. Here's how I spent Monday afternoon. Mixed
one lb. of butter with 3 cups of flour a little conf. sugar and a lot
of cutting with the blender. Notice the crust is pressed into the
pan. After a wonderful browning of the ingredients walla, out comes
a golden pan of crust. Next the gooey part. 8 eggs, 4 cups of sugar
Yikes..... these are not for gramps. a lot of lemon and lime juice, I
mean a lot, a little zip of zest, more stuff and then poured on the
golden brown delicious crust. You should have seen me trying to get
the pan into the oven. It was sooo full I had to have help
transporting it from the counter to the oven. Gramp's was eagerly
helping. He thinks he's getting some. Maybe one.....Had to take a
break and get the product out of the oven. All done except the
dusting. Well they are too warm to get into the mail today, if they
last, maybe tomorrow. Jaclyn gets half since she was on a cleansing
during her birthday and she didn't get her request for lemon bars. So
Geoff, enjoy, diabetes here I come.

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted by email from samtalbert's posterous

No comments: